I got a video request a while ago to do an updated skincare routine, and I finally got it together! The video is a quick high-level of what I’m using in the morning and at night. I’ll be spending this post giving a little more detail about all these products.
I had a lot of fun making this video, and I hope you enjoyed it! Now let’s talk details…
- Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera – I picked this up when I ran out of my Mario Badescu toner, and I’m really liking it so far. It doesn’t irritate my skin, and it gets all the oil off my skin from sleeping.
- Fresh Black Tea Age Delay Instant Fusion Treatment Toner – I had this sample and decided to try it out in the mornings. I like this one because I feel like it further preps my skin for makeup by targeting my pores.
- Tony Lab AC Control Serum – This is a product I’m trying out. I like using it in the mornings because I feel like it controls the oil on my skin. But, sometimes it leaves my skin feeling a bit funny.
- Sephora Total Age Defy Cream for Eyes and Lips – I grabbed this because I needed a cheap eye cream a while ago. I like this a lot, especially for the mornings. It sets quickly and feels hydrating.
- Boots Botanics Hydrating Day Cream – This day cream was sent to me by Influenster a couple months ago, so when my First Aid Beauty daytime moisturizer ran out, I reached for this one. It’s a great moisturizer, and I love that it has rosehip in it, but I don’t love how scented it is (I usually use completely unscented products), and it has no SPF.
- Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser – When I have longwearing makeup on, I like to loosen it up with cold cream before I jump in with my makeup wipe. I feel like it truly gets my makeup out of my skin, rather than just rubbing it with a makeup wipe. Does using cold cream make me an old lady? Probably. But it’s one of my best makeup secrets 🙂
- Neutrogena Makeup Removing Cleansing Towelettes – The tried-and-true. I’m not too picky on which brand I use, but I tend to have these around. Anyway, once I’ve doused my face in cold cream, I use a makeup wipe to wipe it all off. When I don’t use cold cream, I start here.
- Clarisonic Smart Profile (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGbDXSCVcUk) – I know I said Pro in the video, but I was wrong! Anyway, I love my Clarisonic. I’ve definitely slowed down in how often I use it — now I aim for every other day or whenever I use a liquid foundation or any other makeup that I feel is tough to get out of my skin.
- philosophy Purity Cleanser – I have a couple samples of this cleanser lying around, and I like to use it with my Clarisonic after removing my makeup. This makes sure I really get everything out, as it does remove makeup. When I don’t use my Clarisonic, I use a little of this with my hands.
- Lush Tea Tree Water – Tea tree oil is great for skin that’s prone to breakouts, or even when you know you need a little bacteria-fighting action. This spray is so refreshing, even if it didn’t look like it in the video.
- Sephora Total Age Defy Cream for Eyes and Lips – This was all I had for this video, but usually I’ll use a heavier eye cream at night. Now that I’ve had my VIB haul, I have another eye cream to use for nighttime!
- philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar – I got this in a set with the Purity cleanser, and I really love this night cream. It’s really heavy, and I think it’s meant for an older buyer, but I love letting this soak into my skin.
- Peter Thomas Roth Oilless Oil and Josie Maran Argan Oil Light – Once or twice a week I like to add oils to my night cream for some extra moisture. I’ve had both of these for a long time and they’re still going strong. I always notice a difference the next morning when I’ve used these. Plus, I like to use whatever’s left after applying these to moisturize my cuticles.
Thanks so much for reading. Any skincare products I should try? Let me know in the comments!